The following databases were transcribed from information of church archives of Cuba or files donated by researchers. More will be added as they are acquired and transcribed.
Archivos de Iglesias Cubanas
Las siguientes bases de datos fueron transcritas de la información obtenida de los Archivos Parroquiales de Cuba o de archivos donados por investigadores. Se irán añadiendo a medida de que se reciban más y se transcriban.
The Parish Church of San Juan Bautista, located in the heart of Remedios, is composed of the main church, Parroquial Mayor de San Juan Bautista, and a chapel known as Ermita del Buenviaje. The two religious structures are magnificent examples of Spanish colonial architecture in the Caribbean. The history of the main church dates to the late sixteenth century, but the current architectural core was constructed in the first half of the eighteenth century in a Moorish Renaissance style with baroque features. It is renowned for its polychrome coffered ceiling and gilded altar. The neoclassical bell tower was added in 1850, and a second level to the sacristy in the early 1900s. Ermita del Buenviaje is a single-nave neoclassical chapel with a bell tower, but reflects Moorish and Spanish influences. A chapel occupied the site as early as the sixteenth century, though the current design dates to 1819 and was rebuilt in 1867 after a fire.
The main church was declared a National Monument in 1949, and the same designation was extended to the entire town of Remedios in 1980. The church is located at Plaza Isabel II Remedios, Cuba.
Book 1 (May 1640 to 17 Feb 1700)
Book 2 (9 Jan 1701 to 11 Sept 1751)